The map must include all the information related to the criteria?

No, the map should only indicate the location of plots, roads, buildings, natural ecosystems, adjacent land uses, and protected areas.

Can the map be made by the producers or should it be a technically produced map?

Yes, the map can be made by the producers, it is not required to be a topographic survey, aerial photographs, freehand maps or other means are acceptable as long as they meet the requirements of the standard.


If the state decides to build or expand an existing road on my property, am I required as a certified property to perform an ESIA or have a copy of the ESIA from the road of the concessionaire?

No, in these cases the land on which the road passes is no longer part of the certified property, and therefore this road is not part of the scope of the audit process. The evaluation should only be done in those cases where the farm owner builds a road on the property, in order to comply with the legislation.


Do I have to evaluate my service providers for the entire RFA standard for Sustainable Agriculture?

No, only the criteria that apply to them according to the type of services they provide to the farm.

What happens if my service provider does not comply with the Standard and I have no other alternatives to replace them?

In this case, a plan must be generated so that the supplier in the medium term (one year) meets the criteria that apply to the RFA standard.


Accordion Panel

Yes, this evaluation is valid for compliance with both criteria.


Is the application form submitted to the certification body valid to comply with this criterion?

Yes, since the information is the same, this format is valid, as long as it is updated and true.

Do the group administrators already count with minutes of commitment signed by the coffee growers to comply with the standard, since it was changed to a new version and is now the Rainforest standard, is it necessary to sign a new document with all the group members?

Yes, since the standard has changed and had changes in substance and form, it is necessary to sign a new agreement that contemplates the criteria and regulations applicable to the new standard.


Criteria 2.1: Is there a list of VCAs at the national level that can be consulted by farms or group administrators to determine compliance with this criterion?

No, there is no list of HCVs issued by the authorities at the national level. In this case, the evaluation of the existence of this type of ecosystem should be carried out by an expert who will determine their existence and the type where they belong.

Criteria 2.7:How long do I have to implement the plan required by this criterion?

The plan should start to be implemented from year “0” level “C” and progress should be demonstrated until full compliance is achieved by reaching level “A”.

Criteria 2.11: What happens if the wild animals I have in captivity reproduce on the farm?

There is no problem as long as new parents are not captured and consanguinity between existing members that leads to genetic problems is avoided.


Criteria 3.7: Can the water used for washing in the shed or stables be used for crop irrigation?

For irrigation of pastures, yes, but for irrigation of fresh consumption products or washing of fruits or vegetables, it cannot be reused.

Criteria 3.32: How can people who use private roads on the premises for transit, even during fumigation hours, be prevented from accessing them?

In this case, access controls such as gates, control personnel, and if not possible, warnings of prohibited access and/or re-entry schedules should be posted.


Criteria 4.4: If there is no union on my farm or company, should I inform workers of their right to create one, or would this criterion be met if I simply did not prohibit it?

Farms are obligated to inform workers of their right to free association, not to create one, but yes to inform workers of the existing alternatives and the possibility of forming one if they so desire.

Criteria 4.12: If the group manager in the case of small producers has provided training on water purification, the farms have it available, but the workers bring water from their homes that is not potable for consumption, does this represents a non-conformity?

No, in this case, it must be demonstrated that workers are provided with potable water, that it is available, and that they are informed about the location and importance of its consumption.

Criteria 4.22: On farms or groups that hire labor from ethnic groups that speak native languages, should internal work regulations or farm policies be published in these languages?

No, due to the fact that Spanish is the official language of the country, it is not necessary to publish in native languages, which are only co-official in indigenous territories, but the owner of the property must make sure that all his workers understand the agreed contractual conditions.